Rafael is a Samba Jazz Saxophonist from Brazil,
and has just finished Masters in
(When Choro meets Bebop)
For two years was professor of saxophone and improvisation at UFPEL.
Has performed with:
- Orquestra Sinfônica de Porto Alegre;
- Orquestra UNISINOS;
- Orquestra Sinfônica de Novo Hamburgo;
- Orquestra Sinfônica da UCS;
- The Brother’s Orchestra;
- Barlavento Sax;
- Confraria do Sax (UFRGS-IA);
- Meridian Community Jazz Band;
- Far Away Places Combo;
- Banda Caixa Preta;
- Luizinhos Santos Octeto;
- POA Sax (Quarteto de Saxofones de Porto Alegre);
- Sexteto Blazz and many others.
Rafael Lima is from Porto Alegre/RS, the southern most capital in Brazil. He started playing the harmonica in the Baptist church at the age of 10 years old and the saxophone at the age of 14 years old. At the age of 16 years old lived one year in USA, there he started to play alto sax in the Meridian Community Jazz Big Band, in the Far Away Places Jazz Combo and in MCC’s Improv Class Band. By the age of 24 years old got his Saxophone Bachelor degree from Institute of Arts of UFRGS. Today Rafael is living and working in Europe, having his residence in Amsterdam/NL.